An opportunity to participate in research
What is the QUEST initiative?
Patients are able to participate in clinical studies to better understand if a ‘new’ medical treatment really works for them.
Little Green Pharma is proud to announce that it is sponsoring an Australia-wide medical cannabis study. The QUality of life Evaluation STudy (The QUEST Initiative) aims to be one of the world’s largest longitudinal studies and is being facilitated by a leading Australian university.
Patients accessing medicinal cannabis generally have a range of conditions and symptoms that impact their quality of life. This clinical study sets out to better understand and measure how these conditions and symptoms affect patients’ quality of life over time while they are accessing medicinal cannabis as a treatment option.
Patients can be enrolled in the study for up to 12-months. During this time patients pay $150 per 50ml bottle (plus $15 delivery) which will delivered direct to their door. Involvement is completely voluntary, and participants can “opt-out” at any time.
How can I get involved?
The QUEST initiative is searching for eligible patients who are:
- 18+ years of age and living in Australia
- able to complete the questionnaires in English
- able to provide informed consent
- have access to the internet or a smart phone
- have not taken any type of prescribed cannabis therapy for four weeks before enrolling in the study
- suffering from a chronic condition with symptoms that have lasted for three months or more, and
- eligible for medicinal cannabis as a form of treatment
To establish if you could be eligible you will also need to complete a brief screening quiz. This quiz will highlight if you could be considered for medicinal cannabis. If successful you can then reach out to a doctor either from the QUEST doctor directory OR contact your own doctor and get them registered in the study. The choice is up to you!
Recruitment has now started for eligible patients!